ENSURE THAT YOU ARE ABLE TO ESCAPE FROM YOUR HOME
2 0 1 3
EDUCATION & GAMES
"Sparky the Fire Dog"
- Locking your doors with double-keyed deadbolts may keep you in, unable to escape in case of a fire or other emergency.
- In a fire, seconds count. Toxic smoke, heat and gasses may give you less than 2 minutes to safely exit your home.
- Install smoke detectors on every level of your home and check them regularly. Have both hard wired and battery operated smoke detectors.
- Have an escape plan and a meeting place.
- Have a home fire drill regularly.
Click picture for more information
Delta Fire & Emergency Services will be hosting two Open Houses in 2013.
OPEN HOUSE SCHEDULE
Saturday, September 7, 2013
Saturday, September 14, 2013
The Open House program gives the community an inside look at the Fire Service from Home Fire Safety to Firefighting as a career. This is an opportunity to come out and talk with our Firefighters again and learn more about the challenges, dangers and rewards of our job!
Why not visit "Sparky" and discover some fun games, learning activities and party ideas.
"Sparky the Fire dog (R) is a trademark of NFPA, Quincy, MA"
BRING LEARNING TO EVERY LEVEL!
FIRE SAFETY...IT'S SMART AND FUN!